Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Advice to Baruch College

Being an active student of Baruch College since Fall 2006, there are many things that has astonished me about this Great Business Institution. As reputable as it is among other City Universities, there are quite a lot of fall backs for Baruch College, especially from students point of view.

Changes that need to be implemented.

1. Need of New Elevators & Escalators. OR AT LEAST GET THEM TO WORK. I have experienced this personally were I have waited for elevator for more than 1/2 hour and been late to class at many occasions. Many times has been squeezed in to the elevators. The site and smell was quite unpleasant.

2. Change the Blackboard System. This system is so slow and needs such revisions that when students need it the most, ITS NOT WORKING!!!!

3. Raise awareness to students about wide range of opportunities available in terms of Job Fairs, Workshops, and events etc. I personally get email from Starr Weekly- I use to delete if every time I saw it until this year when I once read it and saw a Job fair on campus. IF STUDENTS ARE MORE AWARE OF FACILITIES OFFERED TO THEM, It will be a lot beneficial to them as well as college itself.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I agree with all of your recommendations. Blackboard needs major work...being down for over a week is simply unacceptable when so many people rely on it.

Regarding the elevators and escalators, that's a matter of budgeting and donations.

Azka said...

I totally agree with the recommentions to Baruch about big issues we've to face everyday. It's good for me that i don't have any professor who're using blackboard much this semester or else it would've been so difficult. Well the elevators and escalators problem doesn't look like getting fixed any time soon.

Jinwoo Choi said...

I agree with problems with elevators in baruch...it's pain in the neck.
Also, black board? i don't even wanna talk about it..lol